CBD Daily News Headlines
CBD News (What's new at the CBD)
- Inspired by discussions on the possibilities of transformational change, a keynote address by Canadian astronaut Roberta Bondar, and a celebration of indigenous culture, more than 1,000 delegates from around the world concluded two critical meetings of the UN Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) in Montreal, Canada.
- A Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) geared towards enhancing cooperation between the Secretariats of the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) and the FAO International Treaty on Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture was signed today on the margins of the second meeting of CBD's Subsidiary Body on Implementation, being held in Montreal, Canada.
- Statement by Dr. Cristiana Pa?ca Palmer, Executive Secretary of the Convention on Biological Diversity, on the occasion of the second meeting of the Subsidiary Body on Implementation, 9-13 July 2018, Montreal, Canada
- A global platform for sharing information about the world's biodiversity has passed a major milestone, with the publication of the one-billionth species record of where a species lives through the Global Biodiversity Information Facility (GBIF).
- Online platform allows policymakers and other partners to access global data layers, upload and manipulate their own datasets, and query multiple datasets to provide key information on the Aichi Biodiversity Targets and nature-based Sustainable Development Goals.
Text of the Convention