CBD Daily News Headlines
- UN Environment wins prestigious award for new work on food, agriculture and biodiversity
- Ocean plastic is a big problem. Blockchain could help.
- Climate change endangers dozens of World Heritage sites
- Bill Gates launches effort to help the world adapt to climate change
- What's in a Half a Degree? 2 Very Different Future Climates
CBD News (What's new at the CBD)
- The winners of the MIDORI Prize for Biodiversity 2018 were announced today. The MIDORI Prize is a prestigious biennial international prize organized by the AEON Environmental Foundation and the Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity.
- I call on all governments to send a clear message at COP 14 that safeguarding biodiversity is fundamental to our survival and to the well-being of everybody, everywhere.
- Interview with the Executive Secretary of the United Nations Convention on Biological Diversity, Dr. Cristiana Pasca Palmer
- Fifteen years ago, the Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety to the Convention on Biological Diversity entered into force aiming to ensure the safe handling, transfer and use of living modified organisms (or LMOs) resulting from modern biotechnology.
- Germany has published the first report on the utilization of genetic resources through the Access and Benefit-sharing (ABS) Clearing-House by issuing a checkpoint communiqué concerning research on ants from South Africa. This was rapidly followed by checkpoint communiqués from Malta and Qatar.
Text of the Convention