Expert Conference 'Business Meets Biodiversity'
Through a series of inspiring speakers, panel discussion and interactive sessions, the Business Meets Biodiversity Conference aims to:
- Provide a state-of-the-art overview of the trends and developments in the field of business and biodiversity.
- Share key insights from frontrunner companies engaged in biodiversity-friendly agriculture, ecosystem restoration and nature conservation.
- Explore and contribute to opportunities for scaling up biodiversity-friendly business, with a focus on fund creation and the role of multinational companies.
The conference aims to bring together a diverse and international group of stakeholders active in the areas of sustainable business and finance, development and conservation. Participating organizations will include the business sector, financial institutions, impact investment funds, NGOs, certification agencies, research & development organizations, and academia.
|Event location||Rabobank Headquarters, Croeselaan 18, 3521 CB Utrecht Croeselaan 18, 3521 CB Utrecht|
|See the agenda||http://www.uu.nl/faculty/geosciences/EN/bmb/Programme/Pages/default.aspx|
Pita Verweij, Utrecht University
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Theme(s)||Ecosystems , Others|
|Type||Meeting (seminar / conference / symposium / festival)|
Due to the limited number of places, conference participation is in principle by invitation-only. If you received
a personal invitation by email, please confirm your participation by registering at http://www.uu.nl/faculty/geosciences/EN/bmb/Pages/registration.aspx. If you did not receive a personal invitation, but would nevertheless like to participate, you can register below: your name is then initially added to a waiting list.
The Business Meets Biodiversity Conference 2012 is organized by Utrecht University in close cooperation with public and private partner organizations, including the Ministry of Economic Affairs, Agriculture and Innovation; HIVOS; Rabobank Group; WWF Netherlands; and Tropenbos International.
Chair: Jan-Ernst de Groot (Chair of Wetlands International)
- Rajeev Baruah (BioRe India)
- Philip Betts (ESCO Uganda)
- René Boot (Tropenbos)
- Jan Ernst de Groot (Wetlands International/TNT)
- Ajanta Dey (NEWS)
- Willem Ferwerda
- Bernard Giraud (Livelihoods Ventures - Danone)
- Marilou van Golstein Brouwers (Triodos Investment Management)
- Santiago Paz Lopez (Cepicafe)
- Piet Moerland (Rabobank)
- Tammy Newmark (EcoEnterprises Fund)
- Rodney Nikkels (Just Green)
- John Pearce (Swazi Indigenous Products)
- Yvonne van Rooy (Utrecht University)
- Sara Scherr (EcoAgriculture Partners)
- Pita Verweij (Utrecht University)
- Ben Witjes (Hivos)
- Bärbel Weiligmann (Rabobank)