Conference Time's up for Biodiversity!
Wednesday 4 November 2009 from 12:00 to 18:00
Auditorium of the Rijksdienst voor het Cultureel Erfgoed (National Heritage Board)
Smallepad 5, Amersfoort
How can we work together to halt the loss of biodiversity (the diversity of life on Earth)? What can governments, civil-society organizations, businesses and citizens do to make better use of biodiversity and at the same time preserve it for the future?
Many people are already consciously or unconsciously engaged in this, but more dedicated partners are needed. Therefore, inspiring initiatives will be presented and discussed during this afternoon. In addition, the growing coalition of various parties who will make extra efforts in 2010 (International Year of Biodiversity) will be launched.
Come to the meeting, join the Biodiversity 2010 Coalition and take part, because time’s up for biodiversity!
12:00 Registration and lunch
• Welcoming remarks – Cees van ‘t Veen, Director of the National Heritage Board
• Opening by the Chair of the Day – Onno Hoes, Chair of the Biodiversity 2010 Coalition
Lessons from practice: Biodiversity works in the region!
• ‘Biodiversity works in the region!’ – Felix Luitwieler, Head of the Department of Natural Resources, Ministry of Housing, Environment and Spatial Planning
• ‘Biodiversity: from dream to action plan’ – Menko Wiersema, Project Leader Biodiversity, Province of Zuid-Holland
• ‘Amersfoort in the breach for biodiversity’ – Sebastiaan van ‘t Erve, Alderman for the Environment, Education and Integration, Municipality of Amersfoort
14:05 Four parallel panel discussions
• ‘Biodiversity improves the environment!’, led by Paul Voogt, Deputy Director of Public Programmes, Naturalis
• ‘Biodiversity connects people!’, led by Frank Petter, Mayor, Municipality of Woudrichem
• ‘Biodiversity tastes good from the field to the table!’, led by Tom Bade, Director, Triple E
• ‘Biodiversity works for water, climate and energy!’, led by Piet Sprengers, Head of Sustainability Policy, ASN Bank
Looking to the future: Working together for Biodiversity – in 2010 and beyond!
15:45 Discussion with panel leaders, led by Onno Hoes
16:30 Launch of the ‘Biodiversity 2010 Coalition’ by Anita Wouters, Director-General, Ministry of Agriculture, Nature and Food Quality
17:00 Drinks reception
Questions about the meeting can be addressed to:
Mark Snethlage, ECNC
T 013 594 49 44
Questions about the Biodiversity 2010 Coalition can be addressed to:
Natasja Hulst, CREM
T 020 627 49 69